SEO standards change continually.
Our maintenance and monitoring process adapts to changing requirements quickly. Let us worry about the latest SEO guidelines from Google, as well as the maintenance activities that go into keeping your website up to date.
Why doing it yourself doesn’t make sense.
A technical SEO audit from a trusted consultant can cost anywhere from $1,000-$7,000, not including fixes.
Then you need to hire, manage and pay for a developer to fix the problems identified in the audit report. And unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for some new issues to be created while fixing things.
If you have worked through a project like this before, you know that the process isn’t a one-time thing. Even auditing once every 6-months, the process represents a significant cost in both your time and money.
With only 5 minutes of your time, you can leverage our team’s experience and processes, and get preventative ongoing SEO maintenance for your website at a fraction of the price.
For many businesses, our service is cheaper than an Ahrefs or SEMrush subscription.
How the technical SEO maintenance service works.
When you sign up to this service, you can expect the following.
1. Quick & easy onboarding
Your time is precious, so we’ll take as little of it as possible. After signing up, you will be asked to fill in a short form.
While completing the form, you will give our team access to your website.
If you have any trouble, our team is here to help. Once we have access, your work is done!
2. We start your initial technical SEO review
After confirming we have the access we need, we’ll start reviewing your site for technical and other on-site SEO issues.
During this process we will crawl every page on your website, but don’t worry, we’ll monitor performance to make sure it doesn’t affect your visitors.
Depending on the size of your website, this first crawl can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to finish.
3. Fixes begin to roll out on your site
Once we can see the issues across your site, we get to work. With decades of experience in working with SEO and websites, we know to give priority to the lowest hanging fruit first.
We’ll work on these issues until they are all fixed. Depending on your site’s health when you sign up, this can take a few months.
4. SEO monitoring of your site continues
Just because an issue is fixed, doesn’t mean it won’t happen again. Plugin or theme updates, changes to your content, or even changes to other websites can cause problems for your website.
Combine this with the increasingly rigorous best practices from search engines, and your site’s perfect health will fade with time.
For this reason, we’ll be doing SEO monitoring on your site, auditing it on a weekly basis.
5. You’ll be kept up to date
In a world with a lot of noise but very little action, one of our core values is to ‘quietly get on with the work’.
While it’s our goal to make your site perfect without taking your time, it’s only natural that you want to be sure that we’re actually fixing things.
We collect data on a daily basis and bundle it up into a simple monthly report. This way you can keep track of fixes and improvements each month.
Key areas we audit, fix, maintain and monitor.
- images use alt attributes
- site pages are mobile friendly
- stopping your site from “jumping around” as it loads
- duplicate content
- empty, missing or multiple H1 tags
- empty, missing, multiple, flawed meta descriptions
- empty, missing, multiple, flawed title tags
- low word counts
Crawlability & indexability
- canonical links are correctly set
- no double slashes in URLs
- site can be crawled
- sitemap does not include redirected, noindex, non-canonical or other offline pages
- broken images
- images with large file sizes
- missing alt text
- redirected images
- broken external links
- broken internal links
- links to redirects
- orphan pages (no internal links)
- invalid or missing hreflang attributes
- invalid or missing HTML lang attributes
- hreflang to broken, redirected or non-canonical pages
- hreflang and HTML lang mismatches
- Core Web Vitals
- CSS files too large
- HTML files too large
- slow pages
Scripts & CSS
- broken CSS
- excessively large JS or CSS files
- redirected JS or CSS files
- correct HTTPS configuration
- HTTP traffic is forced to HTTPS
- mixed content (loading HTTP files over HTTPS)
- no HTTP links from HTTPS page
- issues with Open Graph implementation
- missing or incomplete Twitter cards
Specifics vary with each individual site. As you can imagine, ecommerce sites are different to job posting directories, which are different to affiliate websites.
We inspect all current schema and review it for validity.
If you’re running WordPress, we’ll also update:
- WordPress core
- currently active plugins
- the active theme
Note that premium plugins and theme must have valid licenses.
What does technical SEO maintenance & monitoring cost?
Our pricing is simple.
Plans start at $749 per month, based on the number of pages on your site.
Our plans cater to sites up to 50,000 pages. For all but the largest of enterprise sites, this should be ample. If your site is over this amount, we’ll work with you to see if we can get 50,000 of your best pages indexed in Google.
For enterprise sites of more than 50,000 pages, please contact us.
- This service is currently only available for Shopify or WordPress sites.
- Our developers will focus on one issue at a time every during weekdays to ensure issues are fixed correctly.
- Depending on the current health of your site, it may take up to 3 months to get its health score to 90% or higher.