Do you find yourself improving on things that are “done”, but not done well?
For the team at Dialed Labs, “done” isn’t good enough. There’s so much average content on the internet. We only want to be involved with the best.
We’re seeking a content optimizer to help us to improve existing content on our own sites, and our client sites too.
Uhh, a content optimizer?
Yeah! We like to think of it as an “SEO Editor”. It’s kind of like editing, fact checking, formatting, writing and doing some SEO all at the same time. Intrigued?
This content could be:
- long form blog posts,
- short ecommerce product descriptions,
- to the point service pages, or
- really any sort of page you’d find on a website!
While we are optimizing content for search engines, we’re really think of it as optimizing for humans.
What does a typical work day look like?
After checking in with the team on Slack, and heading over to Trello for an overview of your assigned tasks, you might start your focus work for the day with a product page that needs to be formatted correctly, using shorter paragraphs and correct heading hierarchy.
After that, you could be researching and writing more content for a shallow, 300 word blog post that really needs to go into greater detail to be valuable for readers.
The following day might see you needing to cut down a huge 4500 word blog post that waffles on, into a more concise 2750 word article that packs more value in fewer words.
You get the idea.
We work on a wide range of topics. As long as it’s legal (and ethical), we’ll do it. From automotive to marketing, technology to healthcare, work is never dull. Every day there’s a new challenge or topic to learn about.
Do you want to:
- Format content so it’s engaging and easy to read
- Help improve established websites
- “Fill in the gaps” by writing new text for existing content
- Learn new content improvement standards and SEO best practices
- Join our remote team and collaborate via Slack and Trello
- Meet deadlines
- Get paid on time
- Have the opportunity to advance your position in the company
Your role on the team:
- Is a full time, ongoing position
- Is fully remote, so you can work from anywhere in the world — all we ask is you are online for 4 hours per day between 9-5 pm Central European Time
- Will see you spend approximately 50% of your time researching and writing, 40% editing and 10% on reporting/project management
We take our work seriously, but we’re still people. If you want to treat others well and be treated like a human being who deserves respect (and some fun), you’ll fit in here!
- 2+ years experience as an editor or writer
- Excellent written English
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or Shopify (this is where you’ll be doing your work)
- The ability to improve any page or post
- Impeccable grammar
- Stable internet connection that can handle video calls
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness to follow our processes (and provide constructive feedback on how to improve)
- Nice to have: experience producing SEO-ready content, and you know that keywords for the sake of keywords is bad
Ideal candidates are looking for a long-term career and are eager for promotion to content management and strategic positions.
To apply, please complete this Google Form.
Thanks for reading!